Saturday, 24 February 2018 | PNS | Haridwar-
With accidents continuing unabated in the district, a 16- year- old girl was killed after she was knocked down by a speeding dumper laden with mining materials in Laksar on Friday morning. After the news of her death spread, angry villagers blocked the road that connects the Laksar highway for hours.
They refused to hand over the body to police for post-mortem. Traffic remaining stalled on the important road, the local BJP MLA Sanjay Gupta came and tried to pacify the villagers. However, his intervention failed to yield result until the MLA announced compensation for the family of the deceased.
The deceased has been identified as Payal Singh, resident of Laksar. Police said that she was living with her maternal grandfather after her father had died a few years ago.
As per the eye witnesses, as the MLA Gupta reached the site the locals vented anger and asked him to leave. SSP Krishna Kumar V K said that an FIR has been lodged against the driver of the dumper and he was taken into police custody.
It must be written here that road accidents have become a common phenomenon in this area.
You might also like
- Pilot back to recover lost ground August 12, 2020
- Eminent poet Rahat Indori dies during Covid cure August 12, 2020
- 411 fresh cases of Covid-19 reported in U’khand August 12, 2020
- Transfer personnel within a week from secretariat sections: CM August 12, 2020
- AIIMS Rishikesh now has helipad on campus August 12, 2020