The number of patients suffering from the vector borne disease mounts to 5168 in the state
The menace of dengue is continuing to haunt the residents of Dehradun, its nearby areas and Nainital district. On Friday, the state health department reported 152 new cases of the vector borne disease in these two districts. With these cases the number of the patients affected by the disease mounted to 5168 in the state. In Dehradun district alone 3274 patients of the disease have so been reported by the department. In Dehradun alone six patients have so far lost their lives to dengue. In Nainital district 1470 cases of the disease have so far been reported by the department. In this district two patients have died due to the disease.
The district vector borne disease officer of Dehradun, Subhash Joshi said that activities like fogging and spread of insecticides are being undertaken apart from spreading awareness on preventive measures to be adopted for the disease. He said that 484 blood samples of suspected patients of the disease were tested for Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) test at Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) hospital, Gandhi centenary eye hospital, Coronation hospital, Community Health Centre (CHC) Raipur and SPS hospital Rishikesh. Joshi added that 14425 samples have so far been tested for ELISA in the labs of these hospitals so far.
Saturday, 28 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- 152 new cases of dengue found in U’khand September 28, 2019
- CM inaugurates Industrial Summit in Haridwar September 28, 2019
- Children back on streets two months after Operation Mukti in Doon September 28, 2019
- DGP directs steps to ensure fair and peaceful Panchayat polls September 28, 2019
- CBI nabs Rs 800 crore loan scam accused from Haridwar September 28, 2019